Agreements with foreign universities
DRIEI has signed the following protocols for double diploma.
- 2019. Agreement with Southwest Jiaotong University (Chengdu, Sichuan, China), School of Information Science and Technology. It concerns the following PhD programs: Traffic Information Engineering and Control; Control Theory and Control Engineering; Computer Science and Technology.
- 2012. Agreement with Xidian University (Xi'an, Shaanxi, China), School of Electromechnical Engineering. It concerns the PhD program in Control Theory and Control Engineering.
DRIEI supports several initiatives to promote internationalization.
- Co-tutorship agreements. Co-tutorship allows PhD students, enrolled at DRIEI or at a foreign University, to prepare their thesis alternating periods of studies at their host University and at the partner University. The thesis will have two advisors, one at the university of Cagliari and one at the foreign University. The thesis will be defended at only one institution and the student that passes the exam will be awarded a joint PhD title. Requirements.
- Studies abroad. PhD students must spend a period of 6 months in an institution abroad and receive an increment of 50% of their fellowship to cover travel and living expenses. The request for a period of study abroad should be sent to the PhD Program coordinator. Form.
- Doctor Europaeus. It is a certificate of European Doctorate that supplements the title of PhD. Requirements.
- Foreign students. Yearly, the PhD board can reserve one or more fellowships (according to availability and to the requests) for foreign students. Foreign students with fellowships from their own countries are also welcome.